Thanks for your interest in becoming a volunteer for RVGCM! We're a richly woven tapestry of farmers, ranchers, crafters, food processors, board and staff dedicated to the land at-large and our beautiful valley community in particular. If you are interested in contributing to the texture of our success, we welcome your efforts wholeheartedly. Please fill out the Volunteer Application and we will be in touch to discuss. Thank you!
CAREERS-Market Site Assistant
Market Site Assistant - position currently OPEN
Job Description: Market Assistant
Position Description: The Market Assistant enables the Market Site Manager to efficiently perform the many duties on market day smoothly. The Market Assistant helps run the information booth and helps patrons with EBT, debit/credit transaction and provides directions and general market information. The Market Assistant may also be required to help set up and break down market equipment and signage on market days. The Market Assistant may be cross trained to fill in for the Market Site Manager should they need to take leave during the season.
The Market Assistant is expected to be familiar with and understand the policies of the market as described in the handbooks, guidelines and bylaws. The Market Assistant reports to the Market Site Manager at each market.
This is a seasonal, part time, hourly position.
- Ability to take direction as well as work independently
- Excellent organizational, communication, customer service and time management skills
- Punctuality, reliability, flexibility, and a good sense of humor
- Cash handling, detail oriented and ability to learn the machines used at market and help with the day-end reports
- Physically capable of lifting 50 pounds and standing for long periods
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist Market Site Manager with set up and breakdown on market days including signage
- Assist Market Site Manager with day-end reports
- Assist Market Site Manager with the enforcement of RVGCM policies
- Cleanliness of information booth and surrounding market areas
- Once trained, be available to fill in for the Market Site Manager when needed
- Extra duties as determined by the Market Site Manager or Executive Director
- Complete monthly time sheet
- Helping with parking attending duties at Tuesday market
- Help stripe customer parking area for Tuesday market
- Valid Oregon Driver’s License
- Reliable transportation
- Tuesdays from 7:00am-2:30pm
- Thursdays from 8:00am-2:30pm
- Mondays Stripe Parking Lot/Market area (approx. 2 hours)
15-20 hours per week
Conditions of Employment
- This position is paid on a yearly contract basis. It is a seasonal, part time hourly position.
- This position requires the ability to lift approximately 50 pounds and stand and walk for long periods.
Please email your resume to executive director email@example.com